Esquire Property Management’s Tenant Application Process
Esquire collects a $35/applicant processing fee for each prospective occupant over the age of 18.
1. Preview Our Ventura County Home Rental listings online or obtain a rental list from our office. Select the properties which meet your home rental needs and drive by the properties so you can determine if you like both the properties and their locations. After you have viewed the outside of the properties, contact our office to set up a showing appointment or arrange to check out a key to see the property at your convenience.
2. Make sure you qualify for the property which interests you. We generally require an applicant’s gross income be three times the monthly rent of the rental unit they are considering. They must have a good rental history with no evictions. All adults over the age of 18 must submit an Application for Residency.
3. Apply Online or Download and complete the Esquire Property Management’s Application for Residency. You can download this form by clicking here. This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader (free).
4. General Rental Requirements:
- Good/Fair Credit– we will run a credit check once your application package is complete.
- Good Rental References– Please provide accurate and complete references in your application to expedite your application. We will verify residency with your current landlord and prior landlord references.
- Income Requirement– Generally, we require an applicant’s combined gross income to be 3 x’s the monthly rent of the home rental unit they are considering.
- SUPPORTING DOCS REQUIRED: please return with your Application the following:
- Last 2 month’s pay stubs/ or 1099’s/ or tax returns
- Copy of Valid Govt. Issued ID
- Last 3 month’s bank statements
5. You may apply online or you may bring your completed application package to our office in Camarillo. We strive to process all complete applications packages within 48 hours and notify our prospects promptly.
6. Upon approval, you may place a holding deposit on the rental unit to hold it until you move in. The minimum holding deposit is equal to 1 month’s rent in order to hold the unit and must be received by our office within 48 hours of notification of approval. We require you execute a holding agreement which outlines our commitment to remove the unit from the market and your commitment to rent the unit. Your Holding Deposit is forfeited in the event you cancel your commitment to rent. We will hold a vacant unit for up to two weeks.
7. All of the monies you submit during the move-in process must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. This includes holding deposits, security deposits and the first month’s rent. All rent payments after move-in may be made with personal checks or online payments. We always pro-rate first months rent (up to the 20th of the month). Move-ins which occur after the 20th of the month will be required to pay the pro-rated remaining days in the month as well as full month’s rent for the following month. Pro-rations are calculated based on a 30 day calendar month regardless of the number of actual days in the month.
Click here for Esquire Property Management’s Application For Residency
Esquire Property Management policy does not permit smoking inside of our rentals.
Esquire Property Management does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age sex, source of income, sexual orientation or any other form of discrimination prohibited by law.
Esquire is Raising the Property Management Bar in Ventura County, Ca; offering full service property management in Camarillo, Moorpark, Newbury Park, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Somis, Thousand Oaks and Ventura.